The latest Michelin Road 5 has been one of our best selling premium tier tyres this year, but there’s still been a gaping hole in the range…until now!
Launched at the beginning of 2018 as the successor to the phenomenally successful Pilot Road 4, the Road 5 has upped the wet weather stakes in the sport touring market once again, but there has been no ‘GT’ fitment for a select range of heavy touring bikes.
That is about to change though, with Michelin UK confirming that the Road 5 GT will be available for us to order in the UK from the beginning of September – so they’ll be available to dealers very soon!
The tyre has been designed specifically for the following bikes:
- BMW R850 RT, R1150 RT, K1200 GT, K1200 RS, R1200 RT, K1300 GT, K1600 GT / GTL
- Ducati ST2
- Honda ST1300 Pan European
- Kawasaki 1400 GTR
- Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 / 1200 GT
- Triumph Trophy 900 / 1200, Sprint GT
- Yamaha FJR1300 (all)
A total of six different ‘GT’ specification sizes will be available as follows:
- 120/70 ZR17 (58W) TL – Front
- 170/60 ZR17 (72W) TL – Rear
- 180/55 ZR17 (73W) TL – Rear
- 190/50 ZR17 (73W) TL – Rear
- 190/55 ZR17 (75W) TL – Rear
- 120/70 ZR18 (59W) TL – Front
To be among the first to hear when the new Road 5 GT officially lands in our warehouse, follow us on Facebook!
View the full range of Road 5 sizes here.